Disgusting! What do you think of trying to define the word? The nature of political discourse in this country? Human behavior? Bad smells? For this post, disgusting is what is put into your mouth. Based on this definition, Sawyer is my nomination for most disgusting human being on the planet.
What a terrible father I must be, saying my 22 month old is disgusting. Well, let me offer the following sample as evidence. Seeing him put these things in his mouth make me cringe and pray that he is building up super immunity, and won’t get sick.
- dirt, rocks, grass, flowers, mulch, bird poop (yes, I have seen him scrape bird poop from a lawn chair and eat it)
- bath water, soap, suck water out of rags
- play dough, crayons, marker tips, pencil erasers, nerf balls
- dog hair, dust bunnies, dog’s water
- paint chips, glue, his crib (yes, he has chewed on part of his crib)
The funny thing is, my yelling at him makes him laugh and seemingly want to do it again. Trust me Sawyer, I will give you plenty of attention without you doing this. He even smiles when I call him the “most disgusting human being on the planet”.
And yet, I still think his kisses are so sweet…..he just gets my cheeks instead of my lips.
What things have you seen your kid put in their mouth?
Have a great day everyone.
Here are my top six blog posts: