Ron’s Leadership/Personal Development Resources/Notes
If you believe it, you can achieve it.
In customer service, it is important to realize patrons don’t know/understand our terminology. We must interpret, ask questions, create links, and ask for affirmation.
You will be the same person five years from now that you are today, except for the people in your life and what you learn.
Expectations of children, why not adults?
- If reading is important for children, it is important for you!
- You are the average of the Five People you associate with the most. Are you getting value in these relationships?
Utilize the University On Wheels, Exercising Your Body and Mind.
What’s on your Twitter feed? Best way to filter your information
John Wooden Pyramid of Success
Next play…but reflect later for improvement
Starting is half-finished
Don’t worry about what to do in the next 3 days, get to work for the next 15 minutes
30 day habits
- The Buck Stops Here
- I will seek wisdom
- I am a person of action
- I have a decided heart
- Today, I will choose to be happy
- I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit
- I will persist without exception
Find someone who is doing what you want to do, and develop a relationship with them. Search for podcasts, YouTube subscriptions
Don’t want to purchase books, use your free library card.
One resource will lead you to another, which leads you to another in an endless web of resources, learning, and skill acquisition.
Here are some resources I believe will aid tremendously in your personal development::
- 48 Days To The Work You Love website; podcasts
- The 48 Days To The Work You Love book is the best, most comprehensive resource available for the job/career search process that I have seen
- The Four-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Strangest Secret by Earl Nightengale
- Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Wooden On Leadership by John Wooden
- They Call Me Coach by John Wooden
- Leading With The Heart by Mike Krzyzewski
- The Winner’s Manual by Jim Tressel
- Bo’s Lasting Lessons by Bo Schembechler
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Strengthfinders 2.0 by Tom Rath
- First, Break All Of The Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- The One-Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
- It’s Your Ship by D. Michael Abrashoff
- Lincoln On Leadership by Donald Phillips
- 20,000 Days And Counting by Robert D. Smith
- The Traveler’s Gift by Andy Andrews
- Mastering The Seven Decisions by Andy Andrews
- Ten Days To Faster Reading by Abby Marks-Beale
- The One-Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard
- The Greatest Salesman In The World by Og Mandino
- The Greatest Secret In The World by Og Mandino
- QBQ! The Question Behind The Question: Practicing Personal Accountability At Work and In Life by John Miller
- How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Lead for God’s Sake by Todd Gongwer
- The Golden Whistle by Jim Burson