This show brings the audience great things Ohioans are doing to make their communities, the state, the region, and the world a better place as entrepreneurs, leaders, historical and popular culture figures.
For episode 59, I had the pleasure of speaking with David Kelley, a highly regarded Philosophy Teacher/Writer and Founder of The Atlas Society. David has spent his life studying, teaching, and promoting Objectivism associated with Ayn Rand. To connect with the Outstanding Ohioans show, here are a few ways:
Here were the topics we discussed in our conversation:
- Growing up in Cleveland and Shaker Heights
- reading Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead
- concept of Individualism vs. Collectivism
- Definition of Objectivism, under these four pillars:
- his teaching career and process of deciding to form The Atlas Society
- speculation on universities and intellectuals becoming more collectivist in the United States, and what in Ayn Rand’s background led her to oppose this movement
- his role in the creation of The Atlas Shrugged Trilogy
- The Tuttle Twin book series by Connor Boyack to teach the principles of freedom to children
To contact David, please go here.
To help support the show, please shop on Amazon with this link. I receive a small commission for any sales with no added expense to you. Thank you for your support!
Thank you for taking the time to listen to the show. Please leave a review on ITunes or Stitcher, or email me at email@example.com. Please refer any recommended future guests to my email.