This show brings the audience great things Ohioans are doing to make their communities, the state, the region, and the world a better place as entrepreneurs, leaders, historical and popular culture figures.
For episode 64, I had the pleasure of talking with Adventurer/Author Paul Stutzman. Paul has had an incredibly interesting journey that has led him on his current path.
To connect with the Outstanding Ohioans show, here are a few ways:
Here are the talking points of our conversation:
- what it was like growing up as a Conservation Mennonite, how he felt as a child/teen vs. how he felt as an adult
- the number #1 tourist destination in Ohio
- the role of faith in his life
- how he met his wife and how he raised his family
- the tragic event of his wife’s passing, the life lesson he learned, and his motivation for hiking the Appalachian Trail
- how God directed him to write the book Hiking Through, and the impact his work has had on others
- the adventures he has had after the through hike and the books he has written, including his travels in Israel and Spain
- what legacy does he want to leave behind
- what’s his next big adventure
- You can learn more about Paul and connect with him at his website http://paulstutzman.com/
- memorable quote “Enjoy the journey, don’t wait for the destination”
- Previous Outstanding Ohioans episode mentioned: Episode 9 about Lehman’s Hardware
Tired of always trying to keep your phone charged? Check out this great on-the-go battery charger.
I highly recommend The Tuttle Twin book series by Connor Boyack to teach the principles of freedom to children.
To help support the show, please shop on Amazon with this link. I receive a small commission for any sales with no added expense to you. Thank you for your support!
Thank you for taking the time to listen to the show. Please leave a review on ITunes or Stitcher, or email me at email@example.com. Please refer any recommended future guests to my email.