I SCREWED UP, AND DO NOT HAVE THE CORRECT AUDIO FILE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE AS I WORK TO FIX THE ISSUE. I AM SORRY.
For episode 52 of The Outstanding Ohioans show, I had the pleasure of interviewing Rikki Teeters, Owner/Founder of Ohio Explored LLC. We had a great conversation about our mutual love for the Buckeye State, and discovered some things we had in common.
To connect with the Outstanding Ohioans show, here are a few ways:
I was so impressed to hear how Rikki pivoted from a great job in Portland, Oregon and how she envisioned and created Ohio Explored. Here are some highlights from our conversation:
- Growing up in Waverly, Ohio, and who her role models were
- how she developed her creativity and technology skills
- Her experience at Miami University, and how her User Experience Designer skills serve her in this ownership role
- the value of combining interests and disciplines to create great work
- her reason for starting Ohio Explored, based on a lack of information
- what she wants the “heads down” generation to do
- what surprises people about Ohio
- what sites/attractions does she hear people talk about the most-among those we talked about were: Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure, Hocking Hills, Cleveland Metroparks, Toledo Metroparks, Cincinnati Parks
- what is her favorite place in Ohio
- how to apply to be a featured Ohio Explorer
- the Ohio Explored Product Line
- she wants her legacy to be that “Ohio is a beautiful place and we need to enjoy it”
Thank you for listening, have a great day!