This show brings the audience great things Ohioans are doing to make their communities, the state, the region, and the world a better place as entrepreneurs, leaders, historical and popular culture figures.
For episode 69, I had the pleasure of speaking with Serena Miller, a well-known author.
To connect with the Outstanding Ohioans show, here are a few ways:
Here were the topics we discussed in our conversation:
- Growing up near Portsmouth, Ohio on the Scioto River, how she was raised, and the influence of her parents, siblings, and family.
- Her freedom to roam around her farm, make work fun, and fostering her love of reading, stories, and making books.
- The lessons she learned, and how her dad empowered her.
- How she met her husband, and raising her sons.
- Her big break into book publishing by writing about the Amish.
- Her partnership with Paul Stutzman (guest on Episode 64).
- What are some traits that make the Amish communities thrive wherever they go.
- The process (quilting) that Serena uses to write her books.
- How two of her books have been made into Movies.
- Background on all of her books (16 published)
- Here’s how to connect with Serena
Tired of always trying to keep your phone charged? Check out this great on-the-go battery charger.
I highly recommend The Tuttle Twin book series by Connor Boyack to teach the principles of freedom to children.
To help support the show, please shop on Amazon with this link. I receive a small commission for any sales with no added expense to you. Thank you for your support!
Thank you for taking the time to listen to the show. Please leave a review on ITunes or Stitcher, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer any recommended future guests to my email.