For episode 47 of The Outstanding Ohioans show, I had the great pleasure to interview Dan Robinette, Sales Manager for Umbra Sunglasses and an aspiring chemistry teacher.
To listen to the show, click on one of the following:
During our conversation, here were some of the topics we discussed:
- Growing up in Dayton, Ohio and how he developed a fondness for the outdoors
- the influential people who shaped his life
- how he came to grow in his religious faith
- why he is drawn to being outside facing the “challenge” of nature
- what he got out of his time at Miami University
- the story of how he met his wife in 2009
- his occupations post-Miami and decision to visit Turkey
- how his work in Turkey connected him to his current role with Umbra Sunglasses via Marvin Wilson
- what makes the Umbra product so unique, including the name itself
- his alternative pathway Ohio offers to becoming a teacher
- His legacy challenge: Raise his children to have a greater impact on the world than he has had
- how to contact Umbra Sunglasses
To connect with me, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.